Monday, September 24, 2018

First But Not Last

Tanapat Pimpronpirom In Tarakan City

Name: Tanapat Pimpronpirom
Nickname: Notto
Home University: Valaya Alongkorn Rajabhat University Under the Royal Patronage
Major: 4th-year student of English program
Receive University: University of Borneo Tarakan
Receive School: SMP NEGERI 1 TARAKAN

Welcome to my blog when I was in Tarakan city...
          
         Hello, my name is Tanapat Pimpronpirom but my friends like to call me "Notto". I am here, in Tarakan city. This is the first time I come aboard. And Tarakan city is the first place I've come. Tarakan city is a small island of the Borneo islands of Indonesia. I have goals to teach, observe, exchange experiences and travel. I want to exchange a lot of experiences with people here and also improve and develop my English skill and my knowledge.

        Say Hello from Day 1
        This is my first day in Tarakan since I went out of the airport. I have flown for 10 hours from Bangkok. Since at night until morning here.

                  Getting in the plane

                             




                    In the plane




                   Arrived



          I arrived at Juwata airport at 08.30 pm with my friend Non. Mr.Aji and Afrien picked us up at the airport. And they took us to our homestay. The homestay name is Waroeng Kong Kow means together. I try the first Indonesian food here. The menu is Mie Ayam. The taste was very delicious. It's like Chicken Noodle.

                Waroeng Kong Kow  Homestay


                  Mie Ayam



           
           First Jurnal in SMP 1 School
           Say hello! Today I woke up too early because this is the first day I come to school. The school name is SMP NEGERI 1. I come here with my two friends Johaira and Lynette. We have a flag ceremony at the school at 8.00 pm. And then I meet with my adviser. His name is Bapak Danial. He is very kind. He invites us to know about the place and history of the school. And I also meet Bapak Rachmat. He is the head of the English department of the teacher in the school. He has been teaching in the school for more than ten years. He accompanies us to have breakfast at the canteen. The first menu we order in the canteen is Soto. It's very delicious. I eat it all. And then I learn about the plan and the vision of the school. Finally, we go back to homestay.



                       Flag ceremony





                     
                    The plans and the visions of the school




                    Soto


                    Bapak Rachmat



                    Bapak Danial



           Wake up Notto this is our first observation
           My friend Non woke me up at 5.30 pm today because this is the first that we have to observe teaching class. We have to go to school before 7.00 pm. because the first class will be started at 7.30 pm. We need to hurry. The goal of today is observing everything in school like the school grade, the lesson and the personality of the students. 



          Lynette and Johaira my lovely friends


          I come to school with Lynette and Johaira, they are from the Philippines because Non and I are from a different subject, Non from Science Biology but I am from English. So we need to separate school. I come here and Non goes to SMP NEGERI 2. Lynette, Johaira and I always chat when we have free time because we have never been here before.





          We also chat with our advisers, Bapak Danial, and Bapak Rachmat.


          In the afternoon, we wait until someone picks us back to our homestay.


           
          Come with us Notto
           Hey Notto and Non, wake up! wake up! come with us. We will take you to travel. My friend Putri wake us up in the app WhatsApp. She wants us to go with her. We don't know even where will we go but today is so boring. Because today is Sunday. We have free time to relax but we don't want to relax. So we decide to go out with Putri. She took us to walk around Tarakan city. We can see all of the maps of Tarakan because Tarakan city is a small island. Then we go to the point of view of the Tarakan city. I like the atmosphere of the place, we can see the sunset above the jungle. And we go to the beach in the evening. I love the breeze and the wind. Finally, we go to the mosque of Muslim at night. It's very beautiful. 

                    Putri, Lynette, Johaira, Merilie, Non and I are at the point of view of Tarakan city






                    At the beach




                      The dish of today





                    At the mosque



          Be active, it's time to go back to school
          Today is Monday, we need to go to school and start observation of teaching again. We went to school early. We observe the class until the classes are ended. We have time to chat with the two Bapak. We chat for a while, and then the two girls have practice dancing with the students. They look very tired today. Then we go back and have lunch together.


                    
                   
                    Talking with Bapak



                     

                   The two girls are practicing with students




                  Watching them practice and waiting for the two girls to go back home



                   Having lunch




          Exciting! The first day of teaching
          We woke up and go to school too early today because today is the first to teach. I am very excited because I never teach student by using English all in the class. But this is the good experience for me. My adviser commends me that's good. I am very proud of this experience.


                    My lesson plan 







                   The student gives me a gift



          Go! Go! Go! to UBT
          Today, we will go UBT the university of Borneo Tarakan to meet the principal of the university and the coordinator to tell us the vision and the objective of this project, the SeaTeacher. We meet them and talk for a while. We talk about the university and the history. Then we go back to homestay.





          Here we go!
          Bapak said the will take us to go fishing today. So we prepare ourselves since morning. We go out to have lunch with Bapak in the house. We can see a lot of animals in the canal behind the house.
Then we go to the fortress of Tarakan city.

                   The house we have lunch together






                    The fortress




          Tired But Fun
          We have a lot of activities today. We woke up early and come to school. We have to observe everything in the school like how do they meeting. 

                      Meeting in the morning


               
                   Meet the principal of the school



                 
                    Having lunch with the teachers in the school


                  We go to a singing contest at night. And go back to homestay.



         Discussing Day!
         We go to UBT today to discuss and exchange our experiences, culture, tradition and holiday. 







          The final week of teaching
          Yes, this is the final week of the teaching of me. The time flies already. I need to get experiences as much as I can.





                   Giving gives to students




                       Going to the mangrove forest




                       Watching students dance practicing



                    Meet the visitors from another province


          Remember
          Three days left before I go back to Thailand. I want to remember everything here because I don't know if I will have a chance to come back here again or not. But for my suggestion, if you want to come here, first you have to open your heart to ready to get every experience here. Second, you must be patient and pay attention to everything here. Finally, you need to be happy no matter what happened and keep moving on your goals.
          






          Someone said that " Dream has never come true ", but now it's happening to me. I have got all of my goals here. I really proud of it and appreciated with it. I love this city too much. It taught me how to live a life in different places, communicate with foreigners and also how to love someone.
          I grow up in a big area and I never know how people make their love in a small resident. Tarakan city is a good example to show me how they love each other on a small island. I really appreciated. I will keep this in my mind and I will never forget this. 
          Before the blog is ended, I want to say thank you for the Seameo to make me have a good experience, VRU university, and UBT university to let me have good friends and good friendships with friends. I want to say thank you to the two Bapak my advisers for giving me a lot of good things in the school. Thank you to SMP NEGERI 1 school for allowing me to teach students. Thank you to the students here for their attention. Thank you to Johaira, Lynette and Merille for making me and Non to not be bored when we are here. Thank you to Waroeng Kong Kow homestay to give us a place to sleep. Thank you Bapak Suyadi for supporting me everything, and thank you to Tarakan city for making my life has a meaning. Thank you very much. Terimakasih. ^_^ 

Notto              
Tanapat  Pimpronpirom




No comments:

Post a Comment